From: Lars Weiler <pylon@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Last rites for some CD/DVD-recording applications
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 11:16:00
1 Hello,
2
3 I would like to remove those packages from portage:
4
5 app-cdr/cdrecord-prodvd: Functionality of DVD-burning is now
6 officially included in app-cdr/cdrtools.
7 app-cdr/dvdrtools: Same reason. No need to use this fork of
8 cdrtools-1.11...
9 virtual/cdrtools: With the remove of dvdrtools there is no
10 longer a need for this virtual.
11 app-cdr/xcdroast: A nice rustical application, which reminds
12 me to my first CD-burnings on Linux... But there was no
13 upstream update within 2,5 years. Also there are now a
14 lot of other gtk2-based applications which are bettter
15 than xcdrtools.
16 rox-extra/roxiso: Unmaintained package, but it depends on
17 app-cdr/cdrecord-prodvd. On the other hand, I just
18 installed it, and it fails to start due to a missing
19 library... It seems that all rox-packages are
20 unmaintained now, as the maintainers resigned or are not
21 available.
22
23 All packages are in package.mask. I will remove then in 30
24 days when there is no good reason to keep them.
25
26 Regards, Lars
29 Lars Weiler <pylon@g.o> +49-171-1963258
30 Gentoo Linux PowerPC : Strategical Lead and Release Engineer
31 Gentoo Infrastructure : CVS Administrator
32 Gentoo Foundation : Trustee