From: Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites for some CD/DVD-recording applications
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 14:00:02
1 060708 Lars Weiler wrote:
2 > I would like to remove those packages from portage:
3 > app-cdr/xcdroast: A nice rustical application,
4 > which reminds me to my first CD-burnings on Linux.
5 > But there was no upstream update within 2,5 years.
6 > Also there are now a lot of other gtk2-based applications
7 > which are bettter than xcdrtools. All packages are in package.mask.
8 > I will remove then in 30 days when there is no good reason to keep them.
9
10 Please keep Xcdroast in Portage: I use it & it has no bugs AFAIK.
11 No recent updates ? -- that applies to many packages in Portage.
12 Better tools ? -- please name them & give reasons.
13
14 Thanks as always for your volunteer labor.
18 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb : purslow@××××××××××××××.ca
19 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Centre for Urban & Community Studies
20 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' University of Toronto
21 --
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list