From: Branko Badrljica <brankob@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Cobra as a Python replacement for portage infra...
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 08:40:49
1 S, René 'Necoro' Neumann piše:
4 > Don't forget, that Cobra compiles to C# which then is compiled to .NET
5 > CLI. I don't think, that anyone here feels really good about having the
6 > core package of Gentoo to require Mono.
7
8 Uh. I didn't know that. I've read only that it gets compiled into
9 bytecode, which is then compiled into native code.
10 It seemed convoluted, but what the heck, I figured it still beats
11 classic interpreter.
12 I didn't know it uses Mono etc.
13
14 In that case, forget that I asked - this thing seems awkward from more
15 than one angle...