From: "René 'Necoro' Neumann" <lists@××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Cobra as a Python replacement for portage infra...
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 08:15:51
1 Am 23.11.2010 09:52, schrieb Branko Badrljica:
2 >
3 > My question is, could existing Portage infrastructure be ported to such
4 > language with minimal effort and would it be worthwile to even try ?
5 >
6 > There are many operations that now take portage ages to complete, so it
7 > seems that this could be benefitial...
8
9 Don't forget, that Cobra compiles to C# which then is compiled to .NET
10 CLI. I don't think, that anyone here feels really good about having the
11 core package of Gentoo to require Mono.
12
13 > Has anyone of Pythonistas tried to give Cobra a look or two ?
14
15 One and a half year ago, yes. Looked nice, but the language then was
16 still in a flow, and I didn't get used to mono and all the 'what
17 libraries is he going to use from where?' stuff.
18
19 I then even tried to make an ebuild, but this didn't work out. Might be
20 different now.
21
22 - Necoro