From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EXTRA_ECONF and EXTRA_EMAKE
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 17:49:35
1 On Wed, 2004-10-06 at 13:31, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 06 October 2004 12:23 pm, Ned Ludd wrote:
3 > > If we are going to get into more cross compiling we are going to need to
4 > > append extra stuff to these variables so that we can hook into econf and
5 > > overwrite some the variables that portage itself spits out by default.
6 >
7 > econf [extra cross compiling stuff] || die
8 > emake [extra cross compiling stuff] || die
9
10 That would be insane (multi archwise).
11 What I was thinking was more of hooking into said var names from an
12 eclass.
15 > in reality, the cross compiling stuff we've been pushing back into portage
16 > (CBUILD/CTARGET/CHOST)
17
18 Yeah we need to work on this puppy right here.
19 Perhaps a quickstart doc would be ideal on when to use $CBLAH and when
20 not to. From what I understand now is CCHOST should (not?) only be used
21 on the toolchain parts.
24 > > Where do you get your information that this is intended for users and
25 > > users alone?
26 >
27 > i relay merely the portage gods have spoken unto me
28 > -mike
29 >
30 > --
31 > gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list
32 --
33 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
34 Gentoo (hardened,security,infrastructure,embedded,toolchain) Developer