From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] QA Team's role
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 06:27:51
1 Ned Ludd wrote:
2 > On Sun, 2006-02-26 at 19:34 -0800, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 >> I'm looking at this as "innocent until proven guilty" versus "guilty
4 >> until proven innocent." When parties are in disagreement, the _current_
5 >> situation should stand until the council (or the two groups in question)
6 >> resolves it. That assumes lack of extenuating circumstances such as
7 >> security vulnerabilities or major tree breakage.
8 >
9 > The devs asked for a council. A council was elected. The council decided
10 > that QA trumps devs. If anybody has a problem with that they are free to
11 > object at the next council meeting.
12
13 The council decided that QA trumps devs for documented policy. It didn't
14 decide, at least from what I saw, that QA could just do whatever they
15 feel like without any sort of change to the policy.
16
17 Thanks,
18 Donnie