From: Richard Yao <ryao@g.o>
To: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, games@g.o, mgorny@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: New eclass: games-bin (review/comments)
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 22:16:11
1 On 03/23/2013 04:53 PM, hasufell wrote:
2 > After packaging the complete humble bundle last time I noticed a bit
3 > of code duplication.
4 > Nothing serious, but I still think there could be a small eclass
5 > making things easier.
6 >
7 > Especially the "remove_bundled_libs" function and the is useful IMO
8 > and allows to easily remove those things.
9 > The GAMES_PRESERVE_BUNDLED_LIBS array would allow to preserve libs,
10 > e.g. stuff like "libbass" which is not present in the tree and even
11 > GAMES_PRESERVE_BUNDLED_LIBS_amd64 (in case we have a 32bit only game
12 > and there are no multilib versions for some of those libs).
13 >
14 > It also works well with a "bundled-libs" useflag (see
15 > games-bin_src_prepare), because it can happen that binary games break
16 > while the tree is moving forward with library versions, or that system
17 > libraries create weird blockers for the user or even cause runtime
18 > breakage (which happened with the editor of games-rpg/grimrock wrt
19 > #454934).
20 >
21 > Most bin games use some functions from unpacker.eclass, so it is
22 > inherited and used in games-bin_src_unpack by default.
23 >
24 > I was also thinking about some check-reqs thing, but it's probably
25 > better that is handled explicitly.
28 > If you have suggestions or if you think that approach sucks, please
29 > tell me.
32 If it works, I see no reason not to commit it. It has my okay.