From: Ben Skeggs <darktama@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Email subdomain
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 22:36:42
1 On Sat, 2005-11-19 at 20:48 +0100, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
2 > I've said it in the first meeting and I'll reiterate: what is the sentiment
3 > of the arch testers in this case (if they are still reading this thread)?
4 >
5 I'm not sure that this topic is worthy of a flame-fest, but anyway..
6 still reading. :)
7
8 I don't believe @g.o (or @whatever.g.o) address is *necessary*, but it
9 would be of great help to know whether or not a bugzilla entry or
10 comment is from an AT. It helps to know whether or not I should bother
11 doing "official" testing for a package, there's not much point if
12 another AT has already done thorough testing and my time would be
13 better spent putting another package through it's paces.
14
15 Whether or not the final address is @g.o or @at.g.o or whatever
16 shouldn't even be a huge issue. If @at.g.o is too much work for the
17 admins (ie. when an AT becomes a dev), then @g.o should just be used
18 instead. Why is this such a big issue?
19
20 Anyway, the most important reason for the GLEP (IMO) is giving AT's r/o
21 access to CVS. When working on bugs, it's always fun to find out that
22 the problem has already been resolved and just hasn't made it to your
23 local rsync mirror yet..
24
25 Just my $0.02.
26 Ben.