From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: Timothy Redaelli <drizzt@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] QA bashism check on portage
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 09:32:56
1 On Thursday 26 February 2009 04:27:44 Timothy Redaelli wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 25 February 2009 23:45:41 Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > > i recall it being incorrect in some cases (it checked for what dash
4 > > supports, not what POSIX supports), but that was a while ago, so maybe my
5 > > experience is dated at this point. otherwise, integrating it sounds sane
6 > > to me, and if we can push fixes back to debian, even better.
7 >
8 > It does not fail, the problem is that some construct works only on some
9 > shells or systems (for example type and kill -HUP warnings).
10 >
11 > Maybe we should add a getopt flag (-q for example) to mask that types of
12 > warnings, or maybe we should (for Gentoo/Alt) adapt files to be (almost)
13 > POSIX compliant (so command -v instead of type, kill -s HUP instead of
14 > kill -HUP, and go on)
15
16 i'm totally not following. we were talking about POSIX shell syntax, but now
17 you're talking about utilities as well ?
18 -mike