From: Timothy Redaelli <drizzt@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] QA bashism check on portage
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 09:28:08
1 On Wednesday 25 February 2009 23:45:41 Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 <cut>
3 > i recall it being incorrect in some cases (it checked for what dash
4 > supports, not what POSIX supports), but that was a while ago, so maybe my
5 > experience is dated at this point. otherwise, integrating it sounds sane
6 > to me, and if we can push fixes back to debian, even better.
7
8 It does not fail, the problem is that some construct works only on some shells
9 or systems (for example type and kill -HUP warnings).
10
11 Maybe we should add a getopt flag (-q for example) to mask that types of
12 warnings, or maybe we should (for Gentoo/Alt) adapt files to be (almost)
13 POSIX compliant (so command -v instead of type, kill -s HUP instead of
14 kill -HUP, and go on)
15
16 > a repoman check on files in files/ would be useful as well i'd think
17
18 Yes, as supplementary check
21 Timothy `Drizzt` Redaelli
22 FreeSBIE Developer, Gentoo Developer, GUFI Staff
23 There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
24 We don't believe this to be a coincidence. -- Jeremy S. Anderson