From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Timothy Redaelli <drizzt@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] QA bashism check on portage
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 22:45:45
1 On Wednesday 25 February 2009 11:10:01 Timothy Redaelli wrote:
2 > what do you think about checking for bashism on install_qa_check?
3 > Obviously only for scripts with #!/bin/sh and #!/sbin/runscript as first
4 > line.
5 >
6 > I think checkbashisms.pl [1] could be a good start point.
7 >
8 > [1] http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/devscripts/trunk/scripts/checkbashisms.pl
9
10 i recall it being incorrect in some cases (it checked for what dash supports,
11 not what POSIX supports), but that was a while ago, so maybe my experience is
12 dated at this point. otherwise, integrating it sounds sane to me, and if we
13 can push fixes back to debian, even better.
14
15 a repoman check on files in files/ would be useful as well i'd think
16 -mike