From: Drake Wyrm <wyrm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New Portage Category: dev-scheme
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 03:42:52
1 On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 01:07:01PM -0600, in
2 <87ptd61qcq.fsf@×××××××××.cx>, Matthew Kennedy <mkennedy@g.o>
3 wrote:
4 > Brian Friday <bfriday@××××××××.edu> writes:
5 > > applications today. I would argue there is a pretty good
6 > > reason to keep any "Scheme" interpreters in lisp even if it
7 > > is rather tedious.
8 >
9 > Yes, but dev-lisp is already chockers with common lisp stuff, so that
10 > won't do.
11 If the objective is to choose a name for the category which accurately
12 describes its intended contents, I suggest "dev-lispscheme. One
13 alternative, just off the top of my head, would be to use "dev-scheme"
14 and drop a README in the Portage tree root directory which describes
15 what each category is supposed to contain and points to other detailed
16 documentation.
19 Batou: Hey, Major... You ever hear of "human rights"?
20 Kusanagi: I understand the concept, but I've never seen it in action.
21 --Ghost in the Shell