From: Matthew Kennedy <mkennedy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New Portage Category: dev-scheme
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 18:58:03
1 Drake Wyrm <wyrm@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 [...]
4
5 > describes its intended contents, I suggest "dev-lispscheme. One
6 > alternative, just off the top of my head, would be to use "dev-scheme"
7 > and drop a README in the Portage tree root directory which describes
8 > what each category is supposed to contain and points to other detailed
9 > documentation.
10
11 Folks, you are making a meal out of this category naming!!! Haven't
12 we got more pressing tasks at hand?
13
14 dev-scheme and dev-lisp are good enough name spacing. Once the Scheme
15 stuff is moved from dev-lisp to dev-scheme, all that remains in
16 dev-lisp is approximately 100 Common Lisp-related ports and xlispstat
17 and lush (which are not Scheme or Common Lisp, but have a S-expression
18 syntax).
19
20 At that point, we'll *maybe* create dev-common-lisp and leave
21 xlispstat and lush in dev-lisp -- but I can't see justifying a
22 category with only 2 ebuilds in it, so lush and xlispstat will have to
23 move to dev-lang while dev-lisp would be dropped.
24
25 It is my preference as a maintainer of dev-lisp to leave xlispstat,
26 lush and all the Common Lisp stuff in dev-lisp and move the scheme
27 stuff to dev-scheme.
28
29 Matt
30 --