From: Mikle Kolyada <zlogene@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Hey arch teams, we need your input!
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 21:10:40
1 11.04.2015 23:51, Pacho Ramos пишет:
2 > El sáb, 11-04-2015 a las 21:50 +0200, Andreas K. Huettel escribió:
3 >> Hi all,
4 >>
5 >> the debate about arches, keywording and stabilization procedures is
6 >> coming up again.
7 >>
8 >> People have told me that the whole debate seems to turn into some sort
9 >> of arch-team bashing. That is definitely not the plan. Also,
10 >> supporting many different types of hardware is actually one of the
11 >> strong points of Gentoo.
12 >>
13 >> So, it would be absolutely great to have more feedback from the arch
14 >> teams, especially suggestions
15 >> * how to improve procedures,
16 >> * where you see the main problems, and
17 >> * where you don't see problems...
18 >>
19 >> Please make your voice heard. Noone wants to overrule an active team.
20 >>
21 >> Cheers,
22 >> Andreas
23 >>
24 >> PS. I've ommitted amd64, hppa, and arm from the manual CC list because
25 >> these are the stable arches I'm definitely not worried about.
26 >> Obviously feedback is appreciated anyway.
27 >>
28 > I think we need a common place to share all the scripts we are needing
29 > to use to:
30 > - Stabilize a bunch of packages from different bug reports
31 > - Stabilize big lists from *one* bug report
32 > - All the bug handling (unCC arches when needed, close the bug when it's
33 > the last arch)
34 > - The scripts running "repoman full" on the stable candidates to report
35 > if they are not ok due to missing deps.
36 > - ...
37 >
38 > And, ideally, that multiple script should be unified if possible once we
39 > can see them all in that repo and take the best from them :)
43 Ok. Here is my small input. I've been around arch teams and testing for
44 a long time. And i'm mainly taking care of system-important packages. In
45 my opinion the main problem is.. people. Now we have lack of manpower as
46 usual.
47 So i think, we have to drop stable packages for some so-called "fun
48 packages". I've noticed for example, that gimp has stable alpha keyword.
49 Have you ever run gimp on alpha servers?
50 I am sure, there are more stable-unneeded packages like games, maybe
51 some programming languages, and so on for others non-mainstream arches.