From: Georgi Georgiev <chutz@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] 2004.2 Feature Requests
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 17:21:38
1 maillog: 04/05/2004-10:00:27(-0700): david@×××××××××.com types
2 > I don't know about the gentoo servers but alot of system/network
3 > admins I know complain about bittorrent because it requires a very
4 > large amount of ports to be open.
5 > This is especially frustrating if the admin of the machine is not the
6 > network admin and has to justify opening 10-100 ports to the world.
7 > Expect some resistence.
8
9 Hm, Azureus only requires one port to be open regardless of the number of
10 torrents. True, it is a GUI-only program, but is there nothing similar?
13 \ Georgi Georgiev \ "I'd crawl over an acre of 'Visual This++' \
14 / chutz@×××.net / and 'Integrated Development That' to get to /
15 \ +81(90)6266-1163 \ gcc, Emacs, and gdb. Thank you." (By Vance \
16 / ------------------- / Petree, Virginia Power) /
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list