From: david@×××××××××.com
To: Jason Huebel <jhuebel@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] 2004.2 Feature Requests
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 17:04:24
1 On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 09:31:49AM -0500, Jason Huebel wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > Troy Dack wrote:
6 > | If not a dvd iso, maybe an ebuild that deps on catalyst and can be used
7 > | to generate an iso image.
8 >
9 > You're assuming that the user is already using Gentoo-- which they most
10 > likely won't be. I would say a prebuilt DVD ISO is the only way to go.
11 > As far as how it gets distributed, a torrent would work out fine.
12 >
13 > What is the status of torrent hosting on one of the Gentoo servers?
16 I don't know about the gentoo servers but alot of system/network
17 admins I know complain about bittorrent because it requires a very
18 large amount of ports to be open.
19 This is especially frustrating if the admin of the machine is not the
20 network admin and has to justify opening 10-100 ports to the world.
21 Expect some resistence.
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list