From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Can we stop wasting time and bandwidth? (was: The fallacies of GLEP55)
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 11:55:00
1 On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 4:48 PM, Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o> wrote:
2 > Nirbheek Chauhan wrote:
3 >> The statistics are irrelevant.
4 >
5 > So why do you bring them up?
8 That's the question you should ask Duncan. Not me. I provided
9 statistics to highlight and provide dramatic effect. People who prefer
10 to discuss them and make it the primary (and only) point of reply
11 should reconsider their tactics.
12
13 >> This stuff does not need to be resolved, put to rest, approved,
14 >> disapproved, or whatever! It needs to be kicked out till we can get
15 >> *BASIC* stuff fixed.
16 >
17 > I agree, but apparently council thinks it's worth their time.
18 >
19 > But I disagree on the maintainer-wanted thread. It's not that important
20 > an issue. We have Sunrise already, so let's try to improve that.
23 Alright, so you say it's not that important. Then bring things up that
24 *are* that important. Then we can solve those instead.
27 ~Nirbheek Chauhan