From: AllenJB <gentoo-lists@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Can we stop wasting time and bandwidth? (was: The fallacies of GLEP55)
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 12:08:55
1 Nirbheek Chauhan wrote:
2 > On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 4:48 PM, Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o> wrote:
3 >> Nirbheek Chauhan wrote:
4 >>> The statistics are irrelevant.
5 >> So why do you bring them up?
8 > That's the question you should ask Duncan. Not me. I provided
9 > statistics to highlight and provide dramatic effect. People who prefer
10 > to discuss them and make it the primary (and only) point of reply
11 > should reconsider their tactics.
12
13 Sorry, but what? You post things to a discussion on a mailing list and
14 expect people not to discuss them? Then tell those people that THEY are
15 the ones who should reconsider their tactics?
18 >>> This stuff does not need to be resolved, put to rest, approved,
19 >>> disapproved, or whatever! It needs to be kicked out till we can get
20 >>> *BASIC* stuff fixed.
21 >> I agree, but apparently council thinks it's worth their time.
22 >>
23 >> But I disagree on the maintainer-wanted thread. It's not that important
24 >> an issue. We have Sunrise already, so let's try to improve that.
27 > Alright, so you say it's not that important. Then bring things up that
28 > *are* that important. Then we can solve those instead.
31 While I disagree with the maintainer-wanted project idea itself, the
32 fact that it has appeared does mean people are thinking about these
33 things and the thread has brought up discussion on what is wrong with
34 Gentoo and how it can be fixed. These are good things.
35
36 While the original idea may not be implemented, the discussion it has
37 brought about will hopefully push things a little further in the right
38 direction.
39
40 AllenJB