From: Jonas Stein <jstein@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: Sam James <sam@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] A new GLSA schema
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 00:01:55
1 >>>> [2] https://oasis-open.github.io/csaf-documentation/
2
3 > Oh I see, I'd missed the actual link to CSAF, sorry.
4
5 My fault. I should not add xkcd links in future.
6
7 > I'll take a look. It's not clear to me yet if this is going to be a good
8 > fit for distributions though, as we're not a normal "vendor".
9
10 The major idea of CSAF is to use it optionally along with CPE, CVE,
11 security.txt
12 These are fully compatible and complete each other.
13
14 We are a "vendor" in this scheme.
15 You can find already CVEs assigned to the product with the CPE
16 cpe:2.3:a:gentoo:
17
18 So we are the vendor "gentoo".
19 Perhaps gentoo_project would be more intuitive but currently it is "gentoo".
20
21 > Are you aware of any other Linux distros using this?
22
23 Langley Rock from Red Hat seems to be part of the editors team.
24 So I guess Redhat/Centos are on the way.
25
26 (see https://docs.oasis-open.org/csaf/csaf/v2.0/csaf-v2.0.html)
27
28 Here are some presentations:
29 https://oasis-open.github.io/csaf-documentation/videos.html
30
31 CSAF is exactly what we want with GLSA.
32 There are already many tools to parse and pretty print the CSAF documents.
35 Best,
36 Jonas