From: "Tiziano Müller" <dev-zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: A few questions to our nominees
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 09:33:15
1 Peter Weller wrote:
2
3 > On Sun, 2008-06-08 at 13:41 +0100, Alex Howells wrote:
4 > [snip]
5 >> I often don't agree with him, but can't help but respect the work he
6 >> does.
7 >>
8 >> I would like to see Council move towards a more compressed meeting
9 >> format -- people presenting arguments need to work out their stuff
10 >> before bringing it up in the meeting, and to allow for quick
11 >> turn-around of decisions I'd suggest fortnightly meetings which are
12 >> time-limited to 60 minutes each. A prioritized schedule determines
13 >> which order we deal with issues in and anything not getting attention
14 >> is bumped 2 weeks, with the priority adjusted if necessary to ensure
15 >> it gets attention then.
16 >>
17 >> Each issue should be limited to between 5-20 minutes. If people can't
18 >> get through the politics and debate in the allotted time then it
19 >> should either get bumped 2 weeks and given another 5-20 minutes, or we
20 >> should table a special meeting to allow a full 60-90 minutes *just* to
21 >> decide that one issue and nothing else.
22 >>
23 >> Sitting around in #gentoo-council for 3-4 hours every month isn't
24 >> conducive to progress, it's going to make people get tired/bored and
25 >> not pay proper attention and/or not bother to turn up, which just
26 >> leads to elections. Endless cycle?
27 >
28 > ++ From me on this one. If I were elected to the Council, I would do my
29 > best to get this happening.
30
31 ++ from me too. Along the lines to what I wrote in gentoo.project.
36 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list