From: Peter Weller <welp@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A few questions to our nominees
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2008 15:17:03
1 On Sun, 2008-06-08 at 13:41 +0100, Alex Howells wrote:
2 [snip]
3 > I often don't agree with him, but can't help but respect the work he does.
4 >
5 > I would like to see Council move towards a more compressed meeting
6 > format -- people presenting arguments need to work out their stuff
7 > before bringing it up in the meeting, and to allow for quick
8 > turn-around of decisions I'd suggest fortnightly meetings which are
9 > time-limited to 60 minutes each. A prioritized schedule determines
10 > which order we deal with issues in and anything not getting attention
11 > is bumped 2 weeks, with the priority adjusted if necessary to ensure
12 > it gets attention then.
13 >
14 > Each issue should be limited to between 5-20 minutes. If people can't
15 > get through the politics and debate in the allotted time then it
16 > should either get bumped 2 weeks and given another 5-20 minutes, or we
17 > should table a special meeting to allow a full 60-90 minutes *just* to
18 > decide that one issue and nothing else.
19 >
20 > Sitting around in #gentoo-council for 3-4 hours every month isn't
21 > conducive to progress, it's going to make people get tired/bored and
22 > not pay proper attention and/or not bother to turn up, which just
23 > leads to elections. Endless cycle?
24
25 ++ From me on this one. If I were elected to the Council, I would do my
26 best to get this happening.
27
28 welp
31 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list