From: Alex Howells <astinus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A few questions to our nominees
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2008 12:42:51
1 2008/6/8 Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek.chauhan@×××××.com>:
2 > You have raised "flame and don't actually contribute anything useful"
3 > to an art form.
4
5 Whilst I'd agree Ciaran flames with the best of them, and trolls with
6 the worst, you simply cannot contend he never contributed anything to
7 the project and despite now no longer being a developer, he still
8 continues to contribute.
9
10 I often don't agree with him, but can't help but respect the work he does.
11
12 I would like to see Council move towards a more compressed meeting
13 format -- people presenting arguments need to work out their stuff
14 before bringing it up in the meeting, and to allow for quick
15 turn-around of decisions I'd suggest fortnightly meetings which are
16 time-limited to 60 minutes each. A prioritized schedule determines
17 which order we deal with issues in and anything not getting attention
18 is bumped 2 weeks, with the priority adjusted if necessary to ensure
19 it gets attention then.
20
21 Each issue should be limited to between 5-20 minutes. If people can't
22 get through the politics and debate in the allotted time then it
23 should either get bumped 2 weeks and given another 5-20 minutes, or we
24 should table a special meeting to allow a full 60-90 minutes *just* to
25 decide that one issue and nothing else.
26
27 Sitting around in #gentoo-council for 3-4 hours every month isn't
28 conducive to progress, it's going to make people get tired/bored and
29 not pay proper attention and/or not bother to turn up, which just
30 leads to elections. Endless cycle?
31 --
32 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list