From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] How to get a package into portage?
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 08:55:25
1 On Monday 27 September 2004 06:43, Christopher Sachs wrote:
2 > I volunteer to maintain the package. I have done so for the past six
3 > months. I maintain Gentoo on a dozen machines spanning three different
4 > architectures and have written numerous ebuilds. I am an active
5 > participant on the Gentoo Forums. I have programmed since I was eight
6 > years old and can code in C, Python, Perl, PHP, Java, Bash, etc. I am
7 > about to turn 20 and am in school as a computer science major. How
8 > does one become a developer?
9
10 Mainly by getting noticed by someone. Unfortunately the forums don't help
11 much in that direction as many/most developers do not follow them (or
12 have time to). The best bet is gentoo-dev@g.o and the #gentoo irc
13 channel.
14
15 Paul