From: Christopher Sachs <amitofu@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] How to get a package into portage?
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 04:43:09
1 On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 02:16:09 +0100, Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 17:35:27 -0700 Christopher Sachs <amitofu@×××××.com>
3 > wrote:
4 > | Please add this package into portage, it is well tested, and please
5 > | advise on how best to go about this process in the future.
6 >
7 > Well, for a start, you'd need to find a developer / herd who're prepared
8 > to maintain the package. There's a big difference between committing an
9 > ebuild and continuously maintaining a package.
12 I volunteer to maintain the package. I have done so for the past six
13 months. I maintain Gentoo on a dozen machines spanning three different
14 architectures and have written numerous ebuilds. I am an active
15 participant on the Gentoo Forums. I have programmed since I was eight
16 years old and can code in C, Python, Perl, PHP, Java, Bash, etc. I am
17 about to turn 20 and am in school as a computer science major. How
18 does one become a developer?
19
20 Please let me know,
21 -Chris Sachs