From: Richard Freeman <rich@××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Living in a bubble [gentoo-proctor] Warning
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 23:09:42
1 Wernfried Haas wrote:
2 > On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 03:00:25PM -0700, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
3 >> I really have to agree with you. The proctors have completely lost
4 >> their way. They are ineffective. They tend to compound the problems
5 >> they were created to stop. They are slow. They have not prevented
6 >> anything, which was the reason for their creation. Rather, what they
7 >> *have* done is stifle conversation, piss off people, get in the way of
8 >> Developer Relations reports, and otherwise making developers feel like
9 >> they don't want to participate in our official discussion channels.
10 >
11 > Thanks for your trust and not even consulting with me before stabbing
12 > me in the back in public. I won't claim proctors has been perfect, but
13 > which team in Gentoo is? Also i don't have even a remote clue what
14 > half of your allegations are about, but frankly, i don't care any
15 > more.
16 > The council created this mess, and i've done my best to fix it.
19 You'll certainly be missed by some of us (at least those who prefer not
20 to read about the weekly flamewar over at slashdot)... :)

smime.p7s application/x-pkcs7-signature