From: Wernfried Haas <amne@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Living in a bubble [gentoo-proctor] Warning
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 22:28:08
1 On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 03:00:25PM -0700, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > I really have to agree with you. The proctors have completely lost
3 > their way. They are ineffective. They tend to compound the problems
4 > they were created to stop. They are slow. They have not prevented
5 > anything, which was the reason for their creation. Rather, what they
6 > *have* done is stifle conversation, piss off people, get in the way of
7 > Developer Relations reports, and otherwise making developers feel like
8 > they don't want to participate in our official discussion channels.
9
10 Thanks for your trust and not even consulting with me before stabbing
11 me in the back in public. I won't claim proctors has been perfect, but
12 which team in Gentoo is? Also i don't have even a remote clue what
13 half of your allegations are about, but frankly, i don't care any
14 more.
15 The council created this mess, and i've done my best to fix it.
16
17 cheers,
18 Wernfried
21 Wernfried Haas (amne) - amne (at) gentoo.org
22 http://forums.gentoo.org || http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/proctors/
23 forum-mods (at) gentoo.org || proctors (at) gentoo.org
24 #gentoo-forums || #gentoo-proctors (freenode)