From: Sanity in Anarchy <sanity@×××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] no CD burner
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 18:30:01
1 I would like some bootdisk besides a CD for those of us who don't have CD
2 burners. In fact, it would be really nice if I could just rawrite the ISO to
3 my future root partition and boot it from there, but there aren't very good
4 instructions on how to do this.
5
6 One of the reasons I like Linux so much is that it's free at best (free as in
7 beer) and at worst is cheap. But it won't be cheap if I have to buy a CD
8 burner just to try out a cool-looking distro.
9
10 I'll probably have this solved (for myself, at least) by the time you get back
11 to me, but at least provide a couple of shell scripts or something for one of
12 the many bootdisks already out there.
13
14 Thanks, and keep up the good work.
15
17 woof! woof! I'm @dog.com