From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] QA Team's role
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 15:22:41
1 On Tue, 2006-02-28 at 14:52 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 10:38:17 +0100 Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o> wrote:
3 > | You still haven't posted posted a *single example* of webapp-config
4 > | brokeness. You, I'd say you should either back up claims about "all
5 > | the ways in which webapp-config is broken" or apologize to the
6 > | concerned developers for false claims.
7 >
8 > Fine. If posting a single way in which webapp-config is broken will
9 > make you happy, here you go:
10 >
11 > From webapp.eclass:
12 >
13 > function webapp_read_config ()
14 > {
15 >
16 > This is a whitespace / coding style breakage. The correct format should
17 > be:
18 >
19 > webapp_read_config() {
20 >
21 > Yes, it's an utterly trivial problem, but it is a QA violation. Getting
22 > a complete list is something that takes a heck of a lot longer, and I
23 > have yet to be convinced that my time would not be better spent
24 > elsewhere.
25 Wow. That is ... impressive. After about two days of asking for any real
26 bugs you are able to show a trivial syntax issue?
27
28 Please stop yelling "it si teh b0rk!" if you can't even list any serious
29 issues, and stop being rude to other people.
30
31 Thanks,
32 Patrick
33 --
34 Stand still, and let the rest of the universe move