From: Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o>
To: Stephen Bennett <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re[2]: [gentoo-dev] QA Roles v2
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 21:30:28
1 3.3.2006, 22:19:33, Stephen Bennett wrote:
2
3 > On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 21:47:22 +0100
4 > Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o> wrote:
5
6 >> Please, until something is clarified/some consent reached, avoid
7 >> changing the docs w/ funny stuff like "just flip a coin"...
8 >>
9 >> http://www.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/xml/htdocs/proj/en/devrel/handbook/hb-guide-ebuild.xml?root=gentoo&r1=1.31&r2=1.32
10 >>
11 >> What's the above again? QA policy? How does user benefit from
12 >> flipping a coin wrt choosing a functionality? Sigh... :/
13
14 > It gets the point across effectively. I don't see your problem.
15
16 What kind of point does it get across, exactly? That flipping a coin or
17 forcing your personal preference is a better solution than letting users
18 decide what kind of functionality they prefer? Don't you think users do know
19 better? What's the point of such policy? You call forcing random feature on
20 users instead of letting them decide QA? I don't.
24 Best regards,
25
26 Jakub Moc
27 mailto:jakub@g.o
28 GPG signature: http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xCEBA3D9E
29 Primary key fingerprint: D2D7 933C 9BA1 C95B 2C95 B30F 8717 D5FD CEBA 3D9E
30
31 ... still no signature ;)