From: Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [last rites] media-gfx/sodipodi
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 21:20:26
1 On Sunday 02 April 2006 22:33, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > This is a recent change, and usually someone replies with "why not a
3 > month?".
4
5 This is simply not true or we have very different ideas of the meaning of
6 recent. The vast majority of "last rites" emails from 2005 had slated
7 removals of one week or less.
8
9 > It's not a requirement. It's a courtesy to your users and fellow
10 > developers, at least some of whom would very much appreciate it if you
11 > left things for ~four weeks rather than ~one.
12
13 I don't see the necessity for devs and users would have to look at the
14 package.mask file regularly to get the information that a package is masked.
15 If Portage would be that smart to spit out the relevant information on
16 emerge --sync, a longer period would probably make sense.
19 Carsten