From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] don't rely on dynamic deps
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 14:06:01
1 On 7/21/14, 11:52 PM, Alexander Berntsen wrote:
2 > Michał has documented the shortcomings of dynamic deps in our wiki[0].
3 > (Thank you!) [...]
4 > [0] <https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Portage/Dynamic_dependencies>
5
6 There's one more thing I'd like to ask about:
7
8 For "Minor linking change w/ dependency change (unnecessary linking
9 removed)" the "dynamic deps" cell is red with "revbump + mostly
10 unnecessary rebuild", and "static deps" says "applied after rebuild".
11
12 Arguably with dynamic deps one could also skip the revbump, and the
13 update would similarly be applied after rebuild.
14
15 Is my logic correct? I'm just trying to understand it better, and don't
16 intend an argument in favor of any of the options.
17
18 Paweł