From: Torsten Veller <ml-en@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: bugzilla cleanup: remove SECURITY keyword?
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 13:46:36
1 * "\"Paweł Hajdan, Jr.\"" <phajdan.jr@g.o>:
2 > I've noticed we have a SECURITY keyword on bugs.gentoo.org, but only 79
3 > bugs have it, and doesn't seem to be actively used, so it seems to only
4 > add confusion.
5 >
6 > What do you think about removing it?
7
8 What sort of confusion does SECURITY add?
9 Do other keywords[1] like "Bug" add confusion too?
10
11 Is it worthwhile to remove the SECURITY keyword from 79 bugs...
12
13 ...if you consider that (if everyone gets keyword-changes bugzilla mails,
14 it's an "Email Preference"[2] configurable in bugzilla)
15 79 mails are sent to 11 + 63 + other CC'ed recipients?
16
17 ...if the keyword modification mails weren't sent
18 but one of our infra members had to spend time on this?
21 [1] https://bugs.gentoo.org/describekeywords.cgi
22 [2] https://bugs.gentoo.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email