From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: bugzilla cleanup: remove SECURITY keyword?
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 14:32:39
1 On 1/18/11 2:45 PM, Torsten Veller wrote:
2 > What sort of confusion does SECURITY add?
3
4 I started thinking about it when https://bugs.gentoo.org/351922 was
5 filed (this is only an example).
6
7 The SECURITY keyword is not applied consistently (~80 bugs total), but
8 the description says "Add this on all security related issues."
9
10 > Do other keywords[1] like "Bug" add confusion too?
11
12 Yes, the same way.
13
14 > Is it worthwhile to remove the SECURITY keyword from 79 bugs...
15 >
16 > ...if you consider that (if everyone gets keyword-changes bugzilla mails,
17 > it's an "Email Preference"[2] configurable in bugzilla)
18 > 79 mails are sent to 11 + 63 + other CC'ed recipients?
19
20 I wonder how many e-mails would be sent if we used the "Change several
21 bugs at once" Bugzilla feature. My guess is just one e-mail.
22
23 > ...if the keyword modification mails weren't sent
24 > but one of our infra members had to spend time on this?
25
26 Oh, I guess infra would reject spending time on this (low benefit to
27 effort ratio indeed).
28
29 Maybe we can just update description of obsolete KEYWORDS with something
30 like "*** DEPRECATED *** don't use for new bugs". That should be easy
31 and address most of my original point.