From: Thierry Carrez <koon@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] *plop*
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 20:35:32
1 Hello everyone,
2
3 I think the time has come for me to leave this project after two and a
4 half years of service.
5
6 I used to have a job and situation that left me a lot of time to work
7 for Gentoo, and security work is something that takes a lot of time and
8 dedication. Now that I'm a father, that I changed jobs and (recently)
9 houses, it's simply not possible anymore.
10
11 For all those that voted for me (or not against) I've done my best to
12 honor my Council position until the end. Working for Gentoo those days
13 requires more energy (and brings less pleasure) than previously. Combine
14 that with very small time segments to dedicate to it, you get a useful
15 activity that seriously tends towards zero.
16
17 I always disliked inactive developers still hanging around doing nothing
18 but commenting what the others do, so now that I can't spend enough
19 time to be of real help I'll try to leave properly.
20
21 With all those senior developers resigning, an understaffed Security
22 team and nobody to replace me to maintain GNAP (BaSS ?) it's probably
23 not the best time, but I didn't chose it.
24
25 It's been a pleasure and a great experience being part of Gentoo
26 Security Team and of Gentoo in general. I've met in person or
27 electronically very nice people, you know who you are.
28
29 I'll drop by on IRC from time to time (if that guy taking my nick when
30 I'm away calms down) because friends are friends :) When all Gentoo
31 accounts die you will still be able to reach me at koon (at) thyone
32 (dot) net.
33
34 Infra/devrel should probably let a few days pass (let's say the end of
35 the month) before killing everything koon-related, since I may have to
36 pass some things to my successors in Security or GNAP.
37
38 *plop*
41 Thierry Carrez (Koon)
42 --