From: Daniel Armyr <daniel.armyr@××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] donations to what?
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 20:57:05
1 > No offense, but what makes you think you deserve to see it ? Not even
2 > I make these types of demands. Do we charge for the binary images,
3 > iso's, whatnot that enables you to use Gentoo ? Do we sell anything
4 > Gentoo related to the public (not talking coffee mugs, etc, but
5 > software) ??
6
7 I must have misformulated myself. I did not intend to make a demand. I simply drew on my experience of running IRL not-for-profit organisations, and whenever the question of money comes up, we always just point them to last periods stetements. Just like when I have a question about how a program works, I can ask to see the source, if I have a question on how a company runs, I ask to see the financial statements. It is a quick and easy way to see where the profits of a project I contribute to go.
8
9 > Why is it in a culture of free software, where users "leach" off the
10 > effort and time put into creating what they are using, calls MURDER
11 > first ?
12
13 I am sorry, but I do what I can. I test, bugreport and submit patches whenever I find something that doesn't work the way I like it. I unfortunately have too much non-linux community work scheduled to take on full-time developing.
14
15 I hope that explains my previous message.
16
17 //Daniel Armyr
21 daniel.armyr@××××.se f00-dar@×××××.se
22 Tegnergatan 40 rum 505 +46 8 8 31 52 17
23 113 59 Stockholm