From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o>
Subject: Re: Re: Re: [gentoo-dev] last rites: =dev-lang/perl-5.12* and family
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2014 12:18:07
1 > > It would be nice if something like a pkgmove be done on the virtual,
2 > > though, upon its elimintation; anyone that installed the virtual to
3 > > obtain perl Switch shouldn't have to unmerge and specifically emerge
4 > > perl-core/Switch. I'm not sure if pkgmove itself supports this, though..
5 >
6 > I dont think this is what pkgmove does (this would move the "no installed
7 > files" vdb entry of the virtual to the perl-core name... we would need a
8 > functionality that only touches the world file alone...)
9
10 I've added a message about Switch to the package mask, so people should get
11 informed now.
12
13 # Andreas K. Huettel <dilfridge@g.o> (29 Jun 2014)
14 # Mask perl-5.12 and related package versions prior to removal
15 # If you require the Switch package, emerge perl-core/Switch
16 =dev-lang/perl-5.12*
17 =perl-core/Module-CoreList-2.800.0
18 =virtual/perl-ExtUtils-MakeMaker-6.56
19 =virtual/perl-Module-CoreList-2.800.0
20 virtual/perl-Switch
24 Andreas K. Huettel
25 Gentoo Linux developer
26 kde, council