From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Just built Gentoo using gcc 3.0.3
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 23:47:55
1 On Sun, 2002-01-13 at 21:28, Jared H. Hudson wrote:
2 > I just reinstalled my gentoo box using gcc 3.0.3 w/Athlon optimization
3 > turned on. I had to patch a couple apps, mostly just relating to
4 > includes that weren't defined, or libraries not being linked in.
5 >
6 > Anyone with a Athlon or Pentium4 would gain some speed by doing this
7 > IMO.
8 >
9 > To Who/Where should I post all of my patches? There's not that many,
10 > maybe 4 or so packages for a GNOME+Sawfish system. I think all of the
11 > changes I made would not affect a gcc 2.95 system adversly.
12
13 Hey -- great! Head over to bugs.gentoo.org and file a new bug report
14 for each package and attach the patch for each one.
15
16 Best Regards,
19 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
20 Chief Architect/President http://www.gentoo.org