From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] sys-apps is too big
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 18:09:24
1 On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 20:23:07 +0000 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 19:00:35 +0000 Ciaran McCreesh
4 | <ciaranm@g.o> wrote:
5 | | http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm/tmp/sys-apps.txt
6 |
7 | I updated the list based upon the suggestions in this thread. It's
8 | still not ready for actual implementation, but getting there slowly...
9
10 ...and updated again. It's starting to look vaguely sane IMO, although
11 sys-hardware is maybe still too big.
12
13 Fortunately, most of the implementation can be done incrementally, so I
14 might start on sys-process later today or tomorrow.
15
16 | Any reason we don't have a metadata.xml file with a <longdescription>
17 | in each category btw?
18
19 I'll probably implement this at some point. I've heard three people say
20 yes, none say no, so scream now if you don't like the idea.
23 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, shell tools)
24 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
25 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm