From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Fast NAT-Solutionr
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 13:52:18
1 On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 08:49:35PM +0100, Viktor Lakics wrote:
2 > I think you can have internet-connection sharing out-of the box in
3 > Mandrake. If you want it on Gentoo, you might want to take a look at
4 > their solution, and use their rpms...
5
6 Um, this isn't good advice! There are several people who know/use iptables
7 NAT, including myself. If someone needs specific advice, just post specific
8 information (interfaces, IPs, what you are trying to do, etc) and we can help.
9 Using Mandrake RPMs under Gentoo Linux is a *bad* idea. Nothing personal,
10 but it's not the way to go.
11
12 Best Regards,
15 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>