From: Andrew Muraco <tuxp3@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Who wants to tinker with a Palm Zire 71?
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 22:31:50
1 Steev Klimaszewski wrote:
2 > Noack, Sebastian wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hi,
5 >>
6 >> I have a Palm Zire 71 device, with Palm OS on it and a 400 MHz
7 >> ARM-Processor in it. Actually I don't use this device anymore, so if
8 >> somebody wants try to get Gentoo Linux run on it, I would give it to him.
9 >>
10 >> There is an SD/MMC-Slot which could become used to get data on the devie
11 >> an there is also an IR interface and a USB-Adapter. But the biggest
12 >> problem I see is that the OS is on a ROM, but maybe there would be a way
13 >> to manipulate the BIOS if it has one, to boot from somewhere on the RAM.
14 >>
15 >> In any case I guess it would require to maipulate the hardware. If
16 >> somebody here have the skills and motivation to try that, he or she
17 >> should tell me and I will send him or her my device.
18 >>
19 >> Best Regards
20 >> Sebastian Noack
23 > I'd love to - if anyone else hasn't already claimed it :)
24 >
25 I'll take his sloopy seconds, I've had enough of my original palm zire
26 one that only has 2mb ram.. I think i might just be able to pull it off
27 too :-D
28
29 Tux
32 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list