From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Code Review Systems Was: [gentoo-dev] Git Migration: launch plan & schedule
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2015 23:25:26
1 On Sunday 05 July 2015 13:46:10 William Hubbs wrote:
2 > On Sun, Jul 05, 2015 at 09:05:59AM +0300, Andrew Savchenko wrote:
3 > > On Sat, 4 Jul 2015 20:20:23 +0200 Peter Stuge wrote:
4 > > > It's important that the review flow is well-understood and efficient.
5 > >
6 > > This is impossible in our case due to the lack of manpower.
7 > > We already have a lot of bugs, patches, stabilization requests
8 > > hanging over there for months and even years. Stabilization request
9 > > will require at least two developers to participate in each commit.
10 > > This will double manpower required at least. Such approach can kill
11 > > the whole project.
12 >
13 > Agreed. Forcing all commits from developers to go through a code review
14 > from another developer before they hit the tree would potentially
15 > kill the entire project. I would strongly veto something like this,
16 > because we flat out don't have the manpower to keep up with it.
17 >
18 ... or you have some pranksters just ok-ing all commits during their morning
19 coffee, independent of content, which would keep things working at the cost of
20 quality ...