From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] non-Gentoo stuff in our CVS
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 09:37:11
1 On Friday 08 October 2004 18:28, Greg KH wrote:
2 >
3 > No, the conclusion was that the patches can not be in the tree.
4 >
5 > That is why I ripped the 2.6 kernel patches out of the cvs tree, and
6 > moved them to an external bitkeeper tree.
7
8 If that is true, it is all the more reason to change this. I don't know about
9 the patches. I feel that it is our best interest if developer made patches
10 are assigned to gentoo, but we could also do it by simple copyright
11 assignment (e.g. putting a header on the patch which says Copyright Gentoo
12 Foundation 200x)
13
14 Paul
17 Paul de Vrieze