From: Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o>
To: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] non-Gentoo stuff in our CVS
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 21:19:36
1 Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > If that is true, it is all the more reason to change this. I don't know about
3 > the patches. I feel that it is our best interest if developer made patches
4 > are assigned to gentoo, but we could also do it by simple copyright
5 > assignment (e.g. putting a header on the patch which says Copyright Gentoo
6 > Foundation 200x)
7
8 The patches under discussion here (gentoo kernel patches) are a different
9 issue - most of these are not written by us, but they are taken from the
10 prerelease kernels upstream. Thats why we had to take them out of our CVS,
11 theres no way we could have claimed ownership or copyright on them, which was
12 in conflict with the copyright assignment agreement.
13
14 Daniel
17 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list