From: 320095285153-0001@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new packages
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 00:08:36
1 Pete Gavin wrote:
2
3 > On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 07:22:16AM +0100, Achim Gottinger wrote:
4 > > > Wow, I dont feel too smart right now... :) I guess I expected to see
5 > > > it in media-gfx, since it doesn't really provide any libraries that
6 > > > can be used by other packages... I *do* think media-gfx is a better
7 > > > place for it, tho...
8 > >
9 > > Not right it includes libs (libpbm libppm libpgm libpnm)
12 > Right, but thess libraries can't be used by other packages....
13
14 gocr uses this libs. Thats why I added it.
17 > They're
18 > only there to reduce the amount of duplicated code between the
19 > hundreds of utilities that are included in the package. I don't know
20 > of any packages that link to these libraries, and no header files are
21 > installed by netpbm, so I don't know how you could get the prototypes
22 > for the functions in the libraries anyways... And imagemagick provides
23 > libraries, but its in media-gfx...
24
25 I thought we disscussed the media-libs issue. We will change it but for now
26 I
27 think we should place such stuff to media-libs because the other image libs
28 are in there too.
29 True imagemagick and gimp provide libs too but in opposit to netpbm they
30 offer a GUI interface
31 that's why they are in media-gfx.
32
33 achim~
37 > I realize this is really picky, but I think there should be
38 > consistency within the tree :)
39 >
40 > Pete
43 > gentoo-dev mailing list