From: Pete Gavin <pete@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new packages
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 01:25:29
1 On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 07:43:07AM +0100, Achim Gottinger wrote:
2 > > They're
3 > > only there to reduce the amount of duplicated code between the
4 > > hundreds of utilities that are included in the package. I don't know
5 > > of any packages that link to these libraries, and no header files are
6 > > installed by netpbm, so I don't know how you could get the prototypes
7 > > for the functions in the libraries anyways... And imagemagick provides
8 > > libraries, but its in media-gfx...
9 >
10 > I thought we disscussed the media-libs issue. We will change it but for now
11 > I
12 > think we should place such stuff to media-libs because the other image libs
13 > are in there too.
14 > True imagemagick and gimp provide libs too but in opposit to netpbm they
15 > offer a GUI interface
16 > that's why they are in media-gfx.
19 Ok, I'm gonna remove media-gfx/netpbm, but I'd like to make my version
20 netpbm-9.10-r2, since I put the extra data stuff in /usr/share/netpbm,
21 rather than /usr/lib/netpbm, since its just data and not executable
22 stuff. And the Makefile.config for r1 doesn't give all the proper
23 paths for the include files and libraries for libpng, jpeg, & tiff. Is
24 that ok w/ you?
25
26 Pete