From: Arun Raghavan <ford_prefect@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The fallacies of GLEP55
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 16:35:18
1 On Sat, 2009-05-16 at 16:49 +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Sat, 16 May 2009 17:43:32 +0200
3 > Tobias Klausmann <klausman@g.o> wrote:
4 > > > That doesn't let us do version format changes.
5 > >
6 > > Or are we talking about the *ebuild* versions? I see that as
7 > > different matter. Plus: You could change the version format with
8 > > the changed extension. I sure do hope there are no plans on
9 > > making those changes as often as new EAPIs.
10 >
11 > Yes, those. The current rules include some pointless arbitrary
12 > restrictions that are only there for historical reasons and that mean
13 > people have to mess with convoluted MY_PV things.
14
15 So from all the debate that's going on, the current major issue seems to
16 be being able to support '-scm' as per GLEP-54. What other restrictions
17 in the version format are you referring to?
18
19 -- Arun