From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The fallacies of GLEP55
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 15:49:16
1 On Sat, 16 May 2009 17:43:32 +0200
2 Tobias Klausmann <klausman@g.o> wrote:
3 > > That doesn't let us do version format changes.
4 >
5 > Or are we talking about the *ebuild* versions? I see that as
6 > different matter. Plus: You could change the version format with
7 > the changed extension. I sure do hope there are no plans on
8 > making those changes as often as new EAPIs.
9
10 Yes, those. The current rules include some pointless arbitrary
11 restrictions that are only there for historical reasons and that mean
12 people have to mess with convoluted MY_PV things.
15 Ciaran McCreesh