From: Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites for www-apps/drupal
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 21:38:01
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Sat, 9 Sep 2006 21:28:10 +0100 Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
3 > wrote:
4 > | On Saturday 09 September 2006 21:25, Christel Dahlskjaer wrote:
5 > | > Drupal has had QA bug #98542 open for over a year now, and has seen
6 > | > no progress in resolving it. It has now been package.masked, and
7 > | > unless someone jumps up to fix the outstanding issues will be
8 > | > removed in 30 days.
9 > |
10 > | Unless anyone else steps up, I'll take it as I use Drupal for my home
11 > | site.
12 >
13 > Given Drupal's history, is it really worth maintaining it in the tree?
14
15 I don't think so.
16
17 Upstream completely sucks and keeps changing the tarballs silently over
18 and over again, so the only solution to the above bug is to remove all
19 of the modules/themes/etc. from the ebuild.
23 Best regards,
24
25 Jakub Moc
26 mailto:jakub@g.o
27 GPG signature:
28 http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xCEBA3D9E
29 Primary key fingerprint: D2D7 933C 9BA1 C95B 2C95 B30F 8717 D5FD CEBA 3D9E
30
31 ... still no signature ;)