From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites for www-apps/drupal
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 03:32:32
1 Jakub Moc wrote:
2 > Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
3 >> On Sat, 9 Sep 2006 21:28:10 +0100 Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
4 >> wrote:
5 >> | On Saturday 09 September 2006 21:25, Christel Dahlskjaer wrote:
6 >> | > Drupal has had QA bug #98542 open for over a year now, and has seen
7 >> | > no progress in resolving it. It has now been package.masked, and
8 >> | > unless someone jumps up to fix the outstanding issues will be
9 >> | > removed in 30 days.
10 >> |
11 >> | Unless anyone else steps up, I'll take it as I use Drupal for my home
12 >> | site.
13 >>
14 >> Given Drupal's history, is it really worth maintaining it in the tree?
15 >
16 > I don't think so.
17 >
18 > Upstream completely sucks and keeps changing the tarballs silently over
19 > and over again, so the only solution to the above bug is to remove all
20 > of the modules/themes/etc. from the ebuild.
24 So which sucks, upstream or our unbending policy?
25 --
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list