From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: Why lastrite when it works? (Was: Re: [gentoo-dev] Packages up for grabs due to retirement)
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2017 16:29:59
1 On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 11:09 AM, Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Ideas like this is one reason I'm looking for a corpus of pros and cons for
4 > treecleaning. I don't see it as black and white. But having ideas like these
5 > brought up is at least useful.
8 Sure, and almost any rule has its exceptions. My throwing out my
9 opinion should be viewed as intended to add to the conversation, not
10 halt it. I do think we should have a policy to keep stuff unless
11 there is a good reason to remove it, but perhaps those reasons extend
12 beyond the examples I gave.
15 Rich